Skip to content
- I had dinner last night with someone I hadn’t seen in about 20 years. I’m still trying to figure out the exact date. Randy Barris. I had a really great time. He came over around 515pm right after I got home from work — a good 30 minutes before I figured he’d get there — and we talked until around 630, then we went to dinner. We had a decent meal at Macaroni Grill, and then talked until almost 11pm — me, having trouble staying awake since my day began not long after 530am. I just thought I’d let interested parties know. No further public details available.
- A few more people accepted my LinkedIn invitations plus I got a few invitations, and my contacts are over 30 now. Yay. I recommend LinkedIn to everyone from a professional work standpoint. If you have a job and you’re a professional, you should have an account. It’s a great resource. I have the free account and it’s more than sufficient for my needs.
- Reminder: if you’re on NHL Connect, Orkut, Facebook, MySpace, or LinkedIn — let’s connect. I use my darsys at aol dot com address on all of them.
- If you haven’t visited kiva.org, please check it out. If you haven’t joined, let me know and I’ll gladly send you an invitation. This is a great way for you to help those less fortunate. It’s a micro-lending site. You put your money in $25 a pop and when you’re paid back you can get your money or re-loan it to someone else. I have a few friends already participating. I’ve got 5 loans outstanding as of right now. Their default rate is low. It’s not a charitable contribution, nor is it a tax deduction because you put in and get your money back without interest. But it’s double-karma points and we all need good karma.
- Looks like I am, after all, going to London this Christmas. I am ditching Christmas and leave Christmas morning with my sister. We’re flying to Paris, spending a day in EuroDisney, and then taking the train to London. Continental has absurdly low fares to CDG from Newark right now. With the current exchange rate, the trip will still be a bit expensive. I’m working on that. Well Karen is, but she’s so slow to respond it’s frustrating me. Relatives will have to see me Christmas Eve instead. SMARTIES! YORKIES! YUMMMM! I’m going to try and meet with an estate agent to see what I have to do to buy a home and return there, though the time of year may prohibit that.
- I’m really hungry right now. I wish someone would bring me food.