Hello Loyal Reader:
First, and foremost, I’d like to wish everyone who reads this blog a very Happy New Year. I’m posting this a day late because I was too tired yesterday to deal with a blog entry.
I am recovering from California’s horrible loss to Texas Tech. At least we did it in the Holiday Bowl where nobody really watched it instead of in the Rose Bowl where we’d have been mercilessly trashed by the press.
I also wish to send out condolences to the victims of the Tsunami because it’s a huge tragedy. Help survivors and their families by making monetary donations to these organizations:
- American Red Cross International Response Fund
- AmeriCares South Asia Earthquake Relief Fund
- Direct Relief International International Assistance Fund
- Médecins Sans Frontières International Tsunami Emergency Appeal
- Oxfam Asian Earthquake & Tsunami Fund
- Sarvodaya Relief Fund for Tsunami Tragedy
- Save the Children Asia Earthquake/Tsunami Relief Fund
- UNICEF South Asia Tsunami Relief Efforts
Be sure and mark your donation to be used towards Tsunami relief efforts
Lastly, today marks the end of an era. Dave Barry’s last weekly column was printed. He’ll be missed by me and many of my friends who read his columns and often had liquid coming out of our noses in laughter. I know he says he might write a column if a cow explodes in a boat toilet, so I would encourage someone to do just that. He says he might come back, but I doubt it. He will continue to write books (yay) and the occasional column on topics that interest him.
Well that’s it for this blog entry. I’ve got lots of big news coming in the next few weeks so you should check back soon.
 I assume I’ve got one. If there’s more than one of you, add an “S” to the end. Somehow, I doubt that’s a reality.
 I will leave my rant about the f***ing BCS out of this post. Know that the BCS is almost as popular among Cal fans as several international terrorists.